Wednesday, March 24, 2010

nice day in the neighborhood

Actually had a nice springtime day over here in france. The weather finally hit over 10 degrees and I was able to introduce my nice white legs to the sun again. This winter, I had about 5 weeks of total time down in California to train and in that time I built up a nice little tan. Well after a month over here in cold, wet northern Europe all of that hard work was for naught and I get to start all over again, oh well.

I have got a nice quick week this week. After finishing up my race on monday, I have 2 more 1 day races later this week, so for the most part it has been recovery this week.

On another note, I got to experience a first this week. At lunch on Sunday, day before race, I am doing my best to stay hydrated and because of this, feel the need to go to the restroom. So away from the table I go to find the toillete. Unfortunately, I only find one door and not two so I wait, assuming there is one toilet and when someone walks out, I go in. Well, I see multiple stalls and urinals which was great. As I am standing at a urinal a gal walks out of one of the stalls and begins to wash her hands in the sink right next to me. Before this moment I really had to use the restroom, but somehow miraculously I now have stage fright and stop immediately. There is something quite odd about shared restrooms like that. She was treating it like any other day, but I could not even go until she left. Lets just say that it will take some time to get used to sharing a restroom with a gal.

so there you go, one of the many odd moments out of a normal day for me here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My - how awkward... guess you're going to have to get used to that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You're still in Western Europe! The further East you go, the worse it'll get in the toilette/hygeine/modesty sphere. Count your blessings my man and loose the puritanical chains.

    ReplyDelete