Friday, March 26, 2010

Chillin

Had a fairly easy week this week. I have 2 bigger one day races coming up this weekend so I have just been noodling on the bike, hoping to save the legs. I am certainly not getting any more comfortable with riding in the rain yet. I love my amazing Specialized Armadillos for their flat protection-if you don't have a pair for your training wheels I would get some-last year I had absolutely zero training ride flats on them folks, well worth their money. On that note, I have also had zero flats here this year, but these tires folks are not the best on the cobbled streets in the rain. I almost feel like cornering moto style with my inside leg clipped out :). There is nothing like sliding through roundabouts rather than carving.

Got out for what I thought would be an easy day, but I can honestly say that I have never ridding in rain like that, nor seen a movement come in so quickly. Honest to god, life was peachy, just a bit dry and within 3 minutes the sky went black, temp dropped 20 degrees and the rain just got harder and harder. The best way to explain it is the coming of the Death Eaters in the first scene of the newest Harry Potter film. Oh yeah, by the way, the Potter series rocks!!!

This photo does not do justice to the weather, but just 300 meters ahead of me should be a big old ridge thats 250 meters high, yet I can't see beyond the yard. Thats how crazy it can be here, nice one minute and crazy the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment