Friday, March 5, 2010

1st solo ride

This morning had a chance to get out on a ride by myself. Needless to say, you learn fast. I ended up on a road for about 20 km's that was a paved doubletrack through some forest which was pretty awesome. I played a game of go out and ride for half the time that I want to and stop, turnaround, and try to get home. Well, the first half went really well but on my way home I was going through one of many little towns and took a right instead of a left somewhere. This resulted in an extra 30 km on my ride and getting nice and lost. This is going to prove to be the best way to learn the roads here, since America's nice grid system is nonexistent here. I am having a difficult time keeping my rides at a set time, because i want to keep on riding and exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment