Tuesday, March 9, 2010

first full week

today marks the first full week that I have had here in France. After a few days to decompress from my first race on Sunday I have been able to take away a few things. The biggest thing to take away is just to be much more attentive and expect the unexpected to happen. On another note, with Paris Nice happening it has been amazing being able to watch the race Live on National t.v.-we can't even get that on cable in the states.
It has been quite fun to watch the town that I live in come to life this week. I am living in Giverny, France which is the hometown of Claude Monet. The whole town is built around the Impressionist movement and full of museums and Monets' gardens. On the 1st of April everything will be opening and it appears that with each day new life arrives in the town.
Training is going well and stay tuned this week for photos of the area

No comments:

Post a Comment