Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun day at work

Yesterday got to race Mortange Au Perche. Its an awesome race during a carnival in the heart of the town of Mortagne. The race is essentially go uphill for 3 minutes as hard as you can, descend and repeat. I knew day was going to be fun when we showed up to the race to find that we had tailwind on the climb for the day. For those who have raced Walla Walla before, think of the finish climb for the big road race, 30 times. I was told the early move never makes it, its too hard of a race so wait a bit before hitting it-well guess what, the early move did stick it. With about 2 hours to go and 85 folks or so left in the group and the break up the road what did I do, I worked. With about 2 hours left in race I went to the front and did as much work as I could do I whittled the group of 85 down to 6 in my group and eventually was the first non breakaway finisher. Thats something nice to have, but it only continues to make me hungry for better results. We only ended up having 26 finishers total thanks to an extremely hard race, we essentially did elevation of a double bogus yesterday with hill repeats on a climb of a half mile long. Yes, the racing is getting easier by the week as I start to learn who to watch and what the rhythm is like, but it will not happen overnight.

So thats the racing part of the day, I thought I would also share some photos of what the training has been like recently. Needless to say, I am still trying to figure out how people enjoy wet, cold weather riding. Notice how the roads are nice and shiny, the other word for that would be slick.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. We are all cheering for you from Boise. Debrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bro, nice pics. its great to hear that you are getting the hang of it. good luck on any upcoming races. Alex

    ReplyDelete