Wednesday, March 3, 2010

new life lessons

things I learned today: 1-trying to shower and shave legs in a shower that is 1 meter by 1 meter is easier to do when awake. 2-your first experience with teammates always involves some form of game of who has the biggest junk on the first uphill-by the way, i did. 3-shopping for food in a new country is quite fun, I get to learn all new brands. 4-We do not have a peanut butter aisle, we have a nutella aisle. 5-french farmer markets are awesome, i found all my fruits and veges easily and cheap. 6-old women at said market seem to love it and laugh when i horribly butcher their language but still give me food with a smile. 7-while butchering language still, being fully immersed and having this as my only english outlet, my french speaking skills are jumping leaps and bounds.

So there goes my day, starting to kind of get a feel for it here. food is good and the riding even better. every road is tiny, i even rode for 5 miles today on some road with 2 paved tracks for wheels and that was it. hopefully i get one less laugh at my language every day

1 comment:

  1. Dude, please remember the No. 1 man rule concerning junk and photography. No exceptions. Milt

    ReplyDelete