Tuesday, March 2, 2010

France baby

Where did I leave off, yes that’s right the TSA bike box repacking. Well, when I started out in Boise, I had a mad scramble to get rid of some stuff because United jack off guy was skipping to his own beat which meant screw everyone else. But, I the got bike box in and TSA ended up letting me put some stuff back in down the line-Ha take that United-you probably got a 51.4 lb bike box. Anyhoo, well the repacking ended up not so right and when I opened the bike box, a driveside cone nut for my wheel was rolling around and my packing around the other side of cones was gone so that when something may have hit that side hard, well stuff comes loose. Bike shop will be open in the morning, but until then lots of praying that a new powertap is not broken since the whole freewheel now easily disengages from the driveshaft and hub. Otherwise known as damn. Why doesn’t shit happen when at home in familiar settings?

1 comment:

  1. "For Boise cyclist Erik Slack, buying the plane ticket was the easy part"
    Sorry you had such a tough time getting there. Hopefully nothing is broken.
    On a more positive note – the article I did will be coming out in this Sunday's Idaho Statesman Life section.
    chris

    ReplyDelete