Wednesday, March 10, 2010

french eating

Had a great ride today with some teammates. They were able to show me some awesome new roads. We have had some very spirited discussions lately on nutrition and lifestyles. My teammates and director were aghast that I would eat potatoes and eggs for breakfast and drink milk for dinner. Some of the other things that made them crazy were the fact that i enjoy some candy every now and then and maybe some ice cream. however, the biggest no no to them was that I love to eat red meat-they told me it will untrain you. All of these things will make you fat and slow as a cyclist according to them. However, for these guys, bucket loads of amazing fatty cheeses after lunch and dinner are ok and they see nothing wrong with a casual smoke for an opening of the lungs. I know, some differences here. One of the guys on team is crazy tiny, his dinner takes about 2 bites to eat-a spoonful of yogurt and a forkful of pasta. He says all the food he needs he takes on the bike and all other food will make him fat. Needless to say I cannot do the french food lifestyle of some of these guys and will continue to eat french toast, omelettes, and meat.

On a side note since seeing a gal on horseback the other day in town-all I have had in my head is Big and Rich's song-"save a horse, ride a cowboy" maybe some country music can set these guys straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment