Monday, May 31, 2010

Salou, France

Made it down to Spain yesterday and Oh My God. I cannot believe how amazing it is here. I was getting pretty tired of Belgium. It was wet, cold, flat and windy while the minute I touched down yesterday, it was warm, I got to see the Pyrenees flying in and even better it is dry! This week I am staying at a resort hotel for the race and it is mostly British folks on holiday here. If there is one thing in the world that makes my heart melt it is a British accent. I have been in much worse situations in my life. The best part yet though is our food situation. I have a BUFFET! Yes, unlimited food and yesterday we took advantage of it. I had about 4 plates of dinner and oh boy was it amazing. Better yet, there is also a dessert table and I indulged a bit. I ate until I was full and even got myself a baby stomach. Because of this, we felt that it would be important to take a nice little walk to work off some of dinner and settle our tummys down a bit. These photos should give you an idea of what I am working with this week. To say the least, my happiness level has risen considerably. All of this can only bode well for the week. FYI-that is the Mediterranean Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment