Tuesday, May 11, 2010

College and girls

As I write this, I am sitting comfortably inside sipping some Earl Grey tea and watching another massive rainstorm batter Normandy. I will make it out for some training this afternoon, hopefully it warms up above the current 5 degrees. It really is quite calming to see the grey skies, raindrops pelting the river with all the foliage reflecting right back at you. But, what was the title again, oh yeah, college and girls. Well, May marks the time of the year that college ends for the year and for my high school class of 2006 this is quite an important year. It is pretty darn crazy to talk to friends that have either already graduated college in the past week or are preparing for it in the next week or so. While I am not participating in these festivities, it feels like it was yesterday that I was just a young freshman off to college 4 years ago, how time does fly. Am I bummed, not at all, I am absolutely in love with the life that I have and am living my dream every day.
And girls, well have made a few friends over here, some on the bike, and some off the bike. One of my buddies over here has recently gotten himself a girlfriend and I am astonished at how previous to this, he had quite a bit of free time to kill but now, 5 minutes of free time is a lot of time for him. It is just downright amazing at how that can change, maybe I should look into trying that out sometime?

Well, off to go make another cup of tea, thinking 4 cups of tea should get me out the door today, but certainly open for a few more if need be. Off to race on Thursday and Saturday this week too. I will leave you with a cool shot of one of the climbs around here from last weeks sunny day. Trust me, as pretty as it looks.

1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR SHARING - YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER AS WELL AS RIDER...

    ReplyDelete