Saturday, May 1, 2010

breaking the snap

Well, finally broke that 2nd place streak that I have had going for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I broke it going the wrong direction and finished in 3rd place today, bummer. But, on the bright side I have another race tomorrow to try and redeem myself and I get to race again on Monday for a 3rd chance on the weekend. I am feeling fairly good about how the racing seems to be going. Today, I once again was able to sneak into the early break which was great. But, I gotta say it is a bummer to once again be outnumbered in a move, we had 9 in the breakaway and guess what, somehow the really big teams always find a way to put 2 or 3 team riders into a move. When I first arrived I could not even imagine making it into the breakaways that seemed to go away at breakneck speed and now I am consistently making it into the move. I am even recognizing the situation in the race of being outnumbered and am trying to figure out how to race against bigger teams and being a small fish in a big pond. The best that I can do is keep on attacking and hope to catch someone on their heels. Heres to another good 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment