Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ronde de L Isard day 1
















This is currently what I am doing, icing my ankle. Why am I doing this you ask, well check out the next image.



Do you notice anything different from left foot to right foot? Well, had a nice big wreck today at about 30 miles an hour. Went straight into one of the hundred of traffic islands we had on course today. Fortunately, all I have is a bum ankle, some road rash and no broken bones, we hope. I actually landed directly on my chest after flipping in the air, but fortunately my heart rate monitor took the brunt of the damage. Other than that, a ripping fast day with lots of fun racing. I finished on same time as the winners, even with a broken rear wheel upon further inspection after the race. We had someone in the main breakaway of the day and raced really well as a team. Hoping to feel better in the morning. In other news, yesterday it was commented that I am wearing my shorts backwards, I want to report that no, I am not, USA lettering just faces inwards. Gotta set the record straight, I am not that much of a rookie.

1 comment:

  1. yo erik,
    we don't need you also to have a bum broken leg in the family. hope for a quick heal and some more awesome results.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete