Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy mothers day mom and 50th pops

Most important, want to wish my mom a big Happy Mothers day. Sorry that I cannot make you breakfast this morning and want to wish a happy birthday to dad, the big 50. Sorry couldn't be at the party but I am sure it was a great time. Unfortunately, had plans of being able to deliver another win yesterday for ya guys but I ended up coming short. How did the day go you ask?, well it was a pancake flat road race with a decent amount of wind. The thinking on the day was that getting into a move would be a smart idea, however that was not going to work. If you can think back to last weekends racing, there was a rider that I ended up with off the front that did not want to work, well he and his whole team were again racing and wherever I went, he and at least one other teammate went. Bummer. At one point yesterday after ending up in a breakaway a teammate looked at me and asked me what I was doing because any move I was in was going to get brought back. Upon further inspection looking back to the field, this other team was massed at the front pulling us back. Double bummer. So, what do I do, well I just begin to shadow this other rider while letting other teams and teammates have some fun. But, alas, with 20 km to the finish I saw a slowing down and hit out hoping to catch some folks off guard and I did, for a bit. But, once again I looked back and 3 folks are bridging, a teammate, the rider already mentioned and his teammate. My teammate got a free ride up to me and with 15 km to the finish 4 guys up the road should be awesome right, no! Deja Vu, this same rider/team will not work, they just decide to sit on and even with constant attacking I cannot shake this rider. With poor cooperation we were swallowed up by field with 5 km to the finish and I tried my best to recover for the eventual sprint finish. Sprint finishes can be crazy and had an awesome place but got boxed in with 300 meters to go and was only able to salvage a 4th place finish, bummer; however, my team took the top team honors on the day and the other rider that won't work, well for all of his antics he did not get the win so there is something there to be happy about.

Should I be happy with another top 5 over here, you bet. Am I? No. I am a competitor and want to be the best that I can. Am I content with how I raced yesterday? You bet, I tried to race and get a result but forces larger than me, like large teams had other items on their agendas. What can I do to fix it, keep on training hard and keep on racing hard because you can't win always sitting back waiting for things to come to you, sometimes you have to go out and grab them.

3 comments:

  1. Nice result considering the work you did. Had to be one of the strongest there, if not the strongest. I predict another win coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful gift. You make it very easy to be a very proud mom. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes, we really missed you at the party. Keep up the good work, you'll get another win soon.
    Rooster

    ReplyDelete