Friday, April 2, 2010

Never an actual home

Lets just say that as a cyclist, its pretty hard to call someplace home. Before I arrived I was told that I would have a house, but when I actually arrived the work on the home was not yet finished. This being the hometown of Claude Monet and lots of museums, work on those to get them ready for opening takes first priority. So, I have spent the last 5 weeks living in a hotel and if anyone knows anything about Euro hotels, everything was within arms reach-awesome. Well, today got the call that the contractors were done fixing whatever was needed at the house-water, power important things right. Well, the house is actually above the local theater, has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and no kitchen. Wait, what, no kitchen! Exactly what I said. Going to deal with it for a few days, but my director is out of town right now until Monday till something else can get figured out. 5 weeks later and I am really looking forward to opening up my suitcases and unpacking. But, I will not hold my breath. Certainly going to be learning to adapt this year.

Got another 1 day race this sunday, hoping for some good things to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Yo Eric(k?). Just discovered your blog here, and I'm super stoked to follow it in the future. This is Josh, sales dude at George's Cycles, by the way. Keep the blogs and photos coming, and feel free to give us plenty of entertaining play-by-play, that is if you've got the energy for it after a race. Anyway, EXCITING! Have fun and kick some booty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog - MALPT at the races !

    ReplyDelete