Saturday, April 17, 2010

3's

Lets hope the saying bad things come in 3 hold true. Early this week was planning on having a good block of racing this weekend, all things were coming together and Friday morning legs felt great. But, as I am learning, when something is going well over here, expect something to go bad. I get a ring from director pretty much saying, well, No racing this weekend. The officials have stated the race I was slated in for Sunday I cannot do and I am obliged to race another race 3 or 4 hours away and the team says they cannot get me there. Damn-Sunday racing is over. Saturday there is a race a little over an hour away, but the officials once again shut the door. Erik is an American, and saturday only the French can race so, once again Damn. But, tonight, Friday night you are going to now go and race a night time crit, oh boy.

As per the norm, somewhat questionable course selection, absolutely convinced they look for as many obstacles. last night we had train tracks in middle corner 3, roundabout, and some random 4 foot cement poles down middle of final straight-all in a 1 km course. However, first race here without rain and got to use my new tires so really excited, felt great, legs had "good sensations" as they say here, and generally happy. But, flatted near end of race so essentially lights out never saw front again. 1st of the 3's. Generally this sucks, but it really sucks because I now lost a great chance to get a result to move up categories, have to have 4 wins to move up. 2nd of the 3's. Lastly, while flatting sucks normally toss in a 5 dollar tube when I get home and all is good, but no. Upon inspection got a nice big gash in a fresh tire, awesome tire got all of an hour and a half of life and now to the dumpster she goes. What was a 5 dollar fix is now going to be a 60 euro fix, yep nothing cheap here.

So in summary, lost out on opportunity for some good racing this weekend, lost out on a result, lost out on some prize money from said result and end up getting to actually pay for some new stuff for my bike. Somehow I think this math is wrong and going the incorrect direction.

Thankfully I am learning to be a little more flexible with my life, even just a tiny bit I am finding helps. But next weekend is another weekend and all I can do is train this week to hopefully try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment