Monday, April 19, 2010

Eiyafiatdaiokudl

Well folks, as it seems everyone in the world knows by now, European travel has been pretty much at a standstill for 4 days now. For me to be living in a little village that is primarily around to cater to tourists who want to visit the gardens of Claude Monet-I see a few tourists during my day. However, with so many people stuck in Europe and unable to fly out and flights now backlogged for a minimum of 5 days, my town is hopping. In 2 months I have not seen this many people around and many of them are just staying a little bit longer until stuff gets sorted out. It is certainly much prettier here than Charles De Gaulle airport and much nicer to sleep on a bed rather than plastic chairs. This has certainly got to be helping out the local economy and while it amounts to a bit more work, no ones bottom line is going to be complaining. They are also doing some practice flights to determine if its safe or not. I missed a shot with the plane flying super low, but at least got the flight contrails.





Since I did not get to race this weekend, I ended up getting some good training in, even though they are telling folks on the news to limit outside activities. While it was a bit of a bummer to not get to race, I got to go and have a nice little picnic down on the river bank which was quite nice. Scenery is not too bad either. Its nice to have a little relaxation every now and then.

Have been told that I am racing this weekend so hoping for a nice week leading up to it and this air to clean up a bit.

1 comment: