Sunday, April 25, 2010

second again

Well folks, will make it pretty simple. I finished second today. Yes, that would make 3 second place finishes on the year for me. I am really itching to get that W, but for one thing or another just can't get the right combination to work for me. Today I made the break, spent 100 kilometers off the front and watched as someone attacked from 7 kilometers out. Not thinking that he would be able to make it, I mean come on, I have 6 other guys with me to pull him back. Well, everyone seemed inclined to settle for a fight for second place and so I took the sprint.

Gotta say, feels like a repeating record to finish second once again. The form is there, it was actually a pretty easy race once I got into the breakaway, really smooth.

On a different note, today after the race I had the chance to do my very first French interview without a translator. I gotta say, being tired and trying to discern just what I need to say was quite difficult, but extremely gratifying at the same time. While fitness can change it is great to be able to see the progress being made with my language skills. When I first arrived I absolutely sucked at speaking and now I can actually interact and carry on conversations. I feel like a little kid in preschool being able to see the changes. Gotta find the good in everything right?

2 comments:

  1. Gardez à elle le W est là pour être eu. Son bon d'entendre ces compétences linguistiques sont à venir sur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate,
    Sounds like your going well! just found your blog so am reading through all the posts now! What category are you riding? What standard race was this 2nd place in? I'm impressed, I raced out in france in the past, and i can say that there's no such thing as an easy race out there!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete