Sunday, April 4, 2010

Second in as many weeks.

Well folks, once again I lost a race today by a tires width. That makes two second placings in as many weeks. There is someother guy out there named Boonen that has done the same thing these past two weeks, thats not too bad then I guess.

Once again another hard day in the saddle, raining at the start and then I got to race in a 30 minute hailstorm and I never thought that I would say this, but was crazy excited when the rain then began again and the hail went away. Now I have got some awesome bruised arms and legs.

Race was unlike any that I have been in over here. With the crazy weather the day was more attrition than anything and was just important to ride at front of race and make each split. Did my best to be as hidden as I could, but after last weekends second place, I did make it into a few moves, but the makeup never worked-the other guys said they would not work to the line with a sprinter. Yeah, thats right, now they think I am a sprinter here, who would have ever guessed that. Well, today had a group of 5 get away with 20 km to finish and threw it down for a sprint and well, got beat again.

Quite happy with the progress, but really wanting that top step. If there is any other bright spot to look at its the bouquet of flowers that I have been getting. Today, I got to have 2 bouquets, one for second place and the other for some mid race prime I won. Well, one set of flowers went to my directors girlfriend to get put on dinner table and other well, lets just say its a great way to get to meet some gals over here, even if they are a competitors sister.

hoping for a great week or riding to get back at it and try for that W.

8 comments:

  1. congrats bro, keep on give 'em hell over there. alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's our American rider from Idaho....Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Erik!
    - The gang at George's on State.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, if this is how well you're finishing in your first races and in ridiculous weather, I can't wait to see what you can do in a few months and with the sun actually shining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way, is there a web site we can go to that has race results and/or photos..?

    ReplyDelete
  6. top sites that i have found are www.velo101.com and http://directvelo.com/

    however be warned, all in french and french websites seem to not have the best layout either.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work Erik, sounds like you have been adapting very well given all that you have to deal with. Linda and I look foward to each of your posts to read how you are progessing.
    Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

    ReplyDelete