Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter folks


So, I have got many questions from folks about what it actually looks like here. Just moved into a new place the other day, its going to be a temporary move I have a feeling, but hey, the view out my window is downright amazing. Hoping that I can get a sunny day sometime to really show off the colors here. There is a reason why the Impressionist movement gained momentum around here.




I also want to show what a normal ride around here looks like. In this photo, there are actually 5 distinct villages that have their own mayor, voter district and seperate entity. Pretty crazy to think that all of this is in just one image huh? Also notice the flatness on top of those ridges, well to get to the top is amazingly steep little roads and then crazy windy, small farmroads on top. Its quite different than what I am used to back home, but steadily trying to get used to it.

As I write this I am relaxing before taking off to another race this afternoon. Hoping for something good to happen, maybe a little chocolate bunny can help me along today? As its a major holiday today, the race is in conjunction with a large festival and lots of folks are expected to be out in full force spectating and generally enjoying some family time.

Stay tuned for whats hopefully another good result.

1 comment: