Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Such is Life

"Man, thats a bummer." That is pretty much what I am saying to myself after the weekend. If you remember from around a month back, I had some bike issues. Well, my local bike shop did what they could do to get me going, we all knew it was not a permanent fix, but one to get me by. It certainly got me by for 4 weeks, but it did not make it through the weekend. Long story short, I raced for two days on a singlespeed back essentially. My shifter is busted and well, that makes shifting a bit difficult. I was either spinning my legs a hundred miles an hour or barely moving them. I finished both days, but nothing special.

On to more pressing issues. I got myself moved back into my place today, lets see if I truly get to rest there for more than a few days. The Giverny festival starts this weekend and I have an odd feeling something might just pop up.

And in even greater news, now that the end of August has arrived, so has nice weather. Today, I have had myself a day in the sun and actually got to wear a short sleeve shirt out on the town today. This is much better than wearing a jacket like I was last week or racing in leg warmers.

I leave you with a neat image that I took last night while out on my evening walk with the dogs. I headed up into the forest above my village and this is what greeted me as I was coming home. A clear sky as the clouds are receding and the rain with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment