Monday, August 2, 2010

Blah

Yep, blah, that is about what my body was last week. I went up to that race hoping to have a decent ride and never once during the week did I feel ok. That was hands down the hardest and fastest race of my life and well, I came out of it even more tired and trying to comprehend what happened. It is pretty cool though to be racing some of the best pros in the world, even if I am just trying to hold on and finish.

But, I did get the opportunity to visit a new amazing part of France that I had heard about yet never visited. The Alsace region is quite popular for its white wines and boy was it neat to be able to have our hotel nestled in the heart of the vineyards. It would have been even nicer to be able to sample the wines there, but I will have to wait until this week to undertake that task.

Never in my life have I been a part of a race where we had daily team presentations in such picturesque areas nor had the amount of people cheering us on. It is quite amazing that no matter how far back you are they still cheer for you. Way up high in the mountains were tons of hikers and folks cheering on the climbs and it is pretty darn easy to hear the American tourists out there cheering their hearts out. Here are a few select images from last week that should give you an idea of the week that we had. Once heavily dropped on Sunday, I even had my camera with me to get some neat photos. You cannot forget the dance ensemble serenading us to Billy Ray Cyrus's "Achy Breaky Heart" either. CLASSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment