Thursday, July 29, 2010

One stroke at a Time

OUCH. That pretty much sums up the race that I am in right now. It is the tour of Alsace and it has 25 teams in which none of them are fluff, well I am feeling like fluff but that is my own issue. The biggest and baddest team here just missed out on riding the Tour de France this year and certainly know what they are doing. Think of them as a big bully and us as little babies with lots of candy. They are going to get a lot of my candy this week, I would say I have lost a lot so far. I know that these hard races will be good for me down the road but they are most certainly not the easiest things to do. I find myself in the state of mind where moving around my tiny french hotel room to go take a shower as a large task where I need to meter out my efforts. I am 3 stages into this race with 3 more to go and well, close to 500 km's to go. I guess that means lots of food and sleep too.

In other news, I have found an amazing part of France to be in. I am located in the Alsace wine region and my hotel is nestled in the mountains in the heart of vineyards. To say where I am is pretty is a large understatement. I have also found what is quite possibly the prettiest city that I have ever been in the world and that would be Strasbourg, France. Internet is really slow right now with everyone on it, so I cannot get any photos up, but trust me, it is amazing. You shall see tomorrow. Alright, off to bed to try and make some legs appear in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment