Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Infestation

I have had myself a pretty darn crazy few days. It all started around 3 days ago when I woke up to look across my room in the morning and what does one see? Ants, and not just a few but my window was covered. What do I do, the most logical thing that one can think of-pour bleach all over to kill them. I assumed all was good and went about my day hoping that when I came home life would be peachy. I went out and watched Spain crush it in the World Cup match, which by the way, the Super Bowl does not hold a candle to the spectacle of World Cup. Anywho, back to the ants, by the time I got home that night, it was a whole new game. We found multiple holes in my wall where ants where crawling out off and we had even progressed onto the flying ants with wings. My life was getting to be interesting. Knowing that late at night, the store was closed our options for extinction where limited so once again, a bleach foam was laid out all over. The floor was covered, a barrier was put down in the hopes of blocking them just to my room and general pandemonium ensued. Because of the nice bleach stench I am now bunked up with my coach. The next morning, we made it to the store to purchase every single ant type of killer possible. I have thrown liquid down the holes, set traps, laid powder around all perimeters and still they continue to come. What luck do I have? The photo that I have is of the very beginning of the infestation, it is worse now, but I it is too toxic in my room to even go in and get a photo, sorry about that.












On to the next morning and my teammate comes home to find this waiting for him to crawl next to in bed.












Yes, that is a sack on its back carrying lots of babies. By now, we are all feeling pretty much like we are a part of the classic film Starship Troopers. Is the film corny, yes, is the film real, no, is the fact that I live in an invaded home for real, you know it. Makes ya sleep good at night.

This is a new place that I moved into about a week and a half ago and I have to find it somewhat ironic that I have been having nasal issues since I moved into the house too. The others allergies have been acting up at the same time and quite frankly I am just scared to start checking for mold in the walls. The less I know the better.

On to important news, tomorrow is Bastille Day, which is Frances July 4th. I am off to some race where every French rider will want to win and I am going to do my best to make sure that this does not happen. Lets hope for good things.

1 comment:

  1. That's disgusting - I guess it only adds to the adventure doesn't it. Best of luck in the race on Wednesday - show them how to win.....

    ReplyDelete