Sunday, July 11, 2010

Humidity

Nothing too much new to report on. Finally, my bloody nose string has ended, that was quite the miserable 8 days. I have been enjoying having the chance to speak some English again with the other Americans here. But, hands down the hardest obstacle that I have been dealing with as of late is the humidity here. What is amazing, is that the french weathermen every day are saying that it is a new record and that this heat is not normal. A typical day is around 90+ degrees with around 95% humidity. What does this mean you ask? As a person living without air conditioning, this means that I am sitting around all day drenched in sweat, not even doing anything I am covered in it. I have to sleep in minimal attire on top of covers and wake up drenched. Quite frankly, it is extremely uncomfortable. I am certainly missing the desert right now.

Sorry for forgetting, there was that race in my hometown on Friday night too. Nothing special to report, I felt like junk and did not do anything of importance. I just rode around in circles around my town for 2 hours coughing up blood clots, good times.

I have also been given the task of trying to get the 2 American riders here with me some train tickets to go and visit the beach this week. Should be interesting to send off 2 young kids in a foreign country that do not speak any French. Life is all about growing up right?

I really wish that I had some really cool stuff coming up to report on, but just the same ol same ol. I will be racing on Wednesday and I will just be training otherwise this week. I do have limited internet access with my change of residence here. I now have to get across town to get to the internet rather than right up the street. Oh well, a little walking never killed anyone.

1 comment:

  1. You sure didn't get much nice weather for your season abroad- rainy and cold to muggy and hot.... sorry to tell you Boise was about perfect today!

    ReplyDelete