Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Working on it

Apologies for being away for awhile, it has been a hectic last few days. I got the chance to race on Saturday and Sunday and it was a great weekend for the team. Sunday morning a teammate of mine pulled off his first win in over 4 years which was awesome. Nothing special for me, I just rolled around for a few hours in the group and did not do anything worth calling home about. But, it was the first time that I have had the chance to ride with the other US riders that have come over and that was certainly fun. On a side note, one of the riders, Marcel did not really get to race too much, mid race on Sunday his shifter just fell apart and it fell off of his bike. Somehow he was left to ride the race in 1 gear. Unfortunately for him, most everything is closed on Sunday and Monday in France and having a race on Monday meant that his bike was not going to be fixed. He was certainly frustrated to not be racing since he came here to do that, but we got his bike into the shop and he will be all set for the upcoming weekend.

On to Monday and once again, we had ourselves a good day. Did we win, No. Am I bummed about that you bet I am. We had both myself and Dylan in the race and we were both in positions to do well all day, but we just made some mistakes along the way. Did the race provide opportunities to learn from our mistakes, you bet that it did. But, Dylan Jones pulled off a third place finish on the day which is great and I rolled in for a sixth place finish. I am really happy for Dylan and we even pulled off the top team placing on the day as an added little bonus. That mean a nice trophy for our director and a few euros for the riders-SWEET!!! Losing a race is never fun, no matter how it happens, but it is much easier to lose a race to people that are just plain faster than you. But to lose a race by making critical errors is quite difficult to swallow. Every day I am reminded that I have much to learn in this sport and I just hope to continue working on it. Now we have a few days easy before a big weekend of racing coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment