Monday, July 26, 2010

Record button

That was a weekend that is going to give me lots of lessons to take home. Nothing too special happened, the plan was 2 days 2 races and that certainly happened. What was not planned was making some big mistakes on Saturday and watching a race win roll away. Nowadays it seems that with every mistake made, I then go on to make some different mistake down the road. Maybe I will quit making them and everything will click. Instead of a rewind button, I just have the record button to learn from.

Sunday, was a joke. I just did not have legs. A breakaway went, and someone rode me straight off of their wheel getting across to it. That was one of the more humbling experiences and I eventually pulled out. Nuff said, not a good day. But today, Monday is another day and tomorrow is the start of yet another stage race. I am hoping some things start to turn around.

Today is the day that I will be parting ways with the other Americans over here and while it was great to have them around, I can certainly tell that in 3 short weeks, my French is certainly dropping a bit. Here in about 2 hours I am hopping on the train to head up to meet my teammates in Belgium before we head to the Alsace region of France(German border.) I certainly have a long day of travel ahead of me, but nothing compared to the guys' 10 hour plane rides tomorrow. Sorry, that I have such a boring post, with more time I will get some more french anecdotes up and some amazing candid images of typical Normandy folk up here. Needless to say, walking around and checking out the locals will certainly lift your spirits and give you a bit of a moral boost. No promises on Internet this week, but will try my best.

Also to give you a different perspective on life over here check out the blog

http://dylanbikes.blogspot.com/

Go back 3 weeks or so and check out his experiences, you will get a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment