Thursday, July 22, 2010

Taking off again

The time for my American mates is coming to a close unfortunately. I have really enjoyed having some English speakers around for the past 2 and a half weeks as it continues to keep me sane having a bit of a feeling of home around. They will be taking off next Monday to head on back to good ol America the land of some amazing things. Mexican food, burger joints and milkshakes will all be there for their consumption, it is only a few weeks away know for me to be able to partake in such glorious tastes. But, away from the dreaming and back to reality, I just found out that I am also going to be taking off on Monday. Next week I am going to be heading back up to Belgium to meet up with some of the USA guys to go and do another stage race in the Alsace region of France. That would be right by Germany. But, before then I have got myself another few races this weekend and have some intentions of doing something good in them, we shall see.

Getting back to normal daily life here, my ants have finally gone away thank god. I just now have a nasty bleach smell that will not go away in my room, maybe another week and it will I hope. It has certainly been interesting as we have now employed daily spider checks of beds and attire before putting clothes on as the other day I felt something wiggling in my bibs to only find out that I had a big spider in them. I do not think I have been that scared in awhile. I guess that these are just the things that you deal with when living in a home that is some 300 years old. It is quite funny though to walk our yard and take in our house. The ground and walls all have white powder (ant killer) everywhere and if you did not know what it was, it would certainly look a bit suspect. Thankfully, all the local pets are alive and doing fine. Well, sorry but I have to get back to my Tour de France coverage. Today is a pretty important day in the mountains and I can't wait to watch the fireworks. Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment