Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not settled

Sorry folks for the tardiness, I have had myself a busy past few days. As you are aware, I had the opportunity to be a house sitter for the past 2 weeks which was great, but I am back at my place now, wait a second, I am not. Why the confusion Erik? Well, funny story guys. So when I went back to go to my place across the village I found out that the people who own the house had rented it out for the next 4 months and that I was going to be going elsewhere. Bam! This has been my fifth different rental residence in Giverny in only 6 months, do the math on that one. The longest that I have rested in 1 place has been 4.5 weeks. So onto the new place. I do not have any photos yet, but I promise they are coming. From what I can tell you it is in the Medieval quarter of Giverny according the the local tourist pamphlet. The building is around 400 years old and I am living in the attic. Bitching. While it may sound bad, it really isn't too bad. Its a bit unique and one just needs to watch their head when walking around. I have a toilet in the closet which is pretty classic, at least it is not a outhouse like one of the places I have been this year had. I did not have to use it, but the fact that it was there was still great. But, it is pretty fun crawling up and down a set of stairs/ladder to get to my room as need be. I am not bummed at all about it though as this is just another aspect of the experience of racing and living over here. This all only serves to make me a better person and grow over time. On that note, if you have a free ten minutes check out this article, it will certainly be worth your time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22Adulthood-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=general&src=me


Not to let that be my only moving fun, my director and his girlfriend got home on Monday and to my surprise, there was also a large UHaul. Apparently, the parents of Martine, Lionel's girlfriend, sold their vacation house in the southern part of France and since they were down in the South, they loaded everything up to bring North. Given this information, Erik became co porter to help with moving furniture and boxes of just about everything. Thankfully, Lionel had his brother from a few villages over to help out too because this little guy just is not that strong. But hey, I can say come the next day I certainly found some new muscles and could barely walk.

On to more pressing matters, I have found out that starting Sunday, I am going to have 3 days of racing. I will have to drive a bit to get to all of them, but I have 3 more chances to do what I came to Europe for-Race my bike as fast as I can.

And folks, I hit a pretty sad point the other day. Please look at my bottle of good ol' U.S. peanut butter.














Thank god I have a second jar waiting for me in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment