Sunday, September 12, 2010

Surprises

Sorry for the break in updates, but much has occurred. Long story short is that I ended up coming home early and am now in the good ol USA! I was set to come home on September 28th, but due to a multitude of factors, I am now back home. The best part of the whole thing is that many people knew, including my dad, but I made sure that my mother would not know. Last week she took my little brother back to college and I made sure that I would be able to surprise her when she got home.

Let me set the scene;

Saturday night: Here is what I am hoping my mom comes home to. Remember that she is thinking that I am way over in France at this time and not expecting to see this.
















I kept on having my little brother call my mom trying to figure out where she was so that I could make sure where she was and that I was going to be around. Unfortunately, I screwed up a bit with my camera, but I got this.



Needless to say, this was a great surprise and it was awesome to make my mom's day. As I sit here, I have been pretty busy getting all of my affairs taken care of since I have gotten home, but I promise that I will get another post up with some more of my past year. But, I must say that traveling all over Europe getting to race my bike was an awesome experience and allowed me the opportunity to learn a ton, but one must never forget about family in their lives. Trying to keep a big secret like this for a week was a bit difficult but to be able to have the opportunity to make my moms day made my week.

Until later.

3 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK!!! IT CERTAINLY DID MAKE MY DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) oh erik! you are awesome! i'm so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's next for your cycling adventures?

    ReplyDelete