Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Karma

Karma, you really do exist. What a beautiful thing you are.

Since I have gotten back stateside, all I have done is play on my mountain bike or cross bike in the dirt which really has been a good time. I headed out on a nice little mountain bike ride yesterday evening and I do not recall having the foothills that crowded with people out: be it hiking, biking, or running, regardless it is nice to see so many people exercising. However, just as I was finishing up my ride I came across a women's mountain bike camp and there was one woman absolutely struggling to push her bike up a hill. I promised her that if she could just get up the last little bit it would be flat for her all the way home. But, I took her bike from her and rode up the final couple hundred meters pushing her bike. She was able to hike the rest of the way and then enjoy the last part of her ride. I finished up my ride and hopped into the car to get on home as I was sufficiently famished at this point.

Onto the freeway and out of the blue, I along with the others driving around me see a motorcyclist coming at us in the other lane waving his hand as if to slow down. While I was not speeding at the time, we did not get another minute down the road until we saw some cop out with his radar gun trying to catch speeders. I would have been fine without having the nice fellow give me a heads up, but, I am grateful that people doing good things still exist in this world. Good things happen to good people.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping we women who have a hard time riding bikes up hills.Have enjoyed reading your blog these past several month while you were in Europe.What journeys you have experienced.js

    ReplyDelete