Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pics

Hey there, yeah, its been awhile. Sorry about
that, I have been pretty busy with a bunch of work, trying to make a few dollars. But, as I said I would, what follows are some photos of a few highlights of the past season in Europe. I took loads of other photos, but I feel this should give you an idea of the year.


The
View on the ridge looking over the chateau La Roche Guyon and the Seine river on my very first ride in France.













Amazing to think that in the first few weeks of arriving in France, what you are seeing, one of the many little farm roads here would be completely shrouded in leafy vegetation come June eliminating all sunlight on the road.












My next door neighbor. Yes, the vegetation had taken over the home, at least it looked amazingly pretty.



















A part of the gardens right down the street from my house.










Nice little ride along the Seine River.














Just a neat little farm that I rode by once or so a week. It was neat to see the fields behind him turn from gerber baby food pea green in early march to bright mustard yellow in May to a dirty brown come September.













Foix, France. I stayed just a little bit away from here and got to drive by and even race by here once. Pretty darn cool.
















Hanging out at a church on top of a mountain overlooking a large winery in Salou, Spain with the Mediterranean off in the distance.










The best 1 euro investment ever. Italian cappuccino.


























As a cyclist, lots of time is spent in cafes all over the world.



Here I am at the border crossing of Mt. Blanc trying to get from Italy to France. It was super cold up there and all 3 times that I did the trip to there, it was always stormy, even in the middle of June.


















Pisa, Italy. While staying in Lucca, Italy I had to take a spin on over and see the leaning tower.

























A real Italian pizza. Some of the freshest flavors I had ever enjoyed.




La Thuile, Italy. I just put this up because it is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. This is at 5000 feet and is in the Aosta region. Home of some of the best ham I have ever eaten.
Chilling in the Italian Alps. That water there was coming straight out of the glacier.



















chilling at the beach in Normandy. Yes, that is a tractor in the ocean.






















At the Strasbourg cathedral in the Alsace region. I had a stage of a race start at the front door. Super cool.




















Mona Lisa. Would not be a visit to the Louvre without seeing it.






















Paris. Nuff said.






















At the Monet gardens in Giverny.

1 comment: