Thursday, June 10, 2010

training camp

Nothing new really going on over here. Been riding my bike a lot, doing some amazing climbs around Lucca. With every day here I find myself falling more and more in love with the area. I am currently staying at the SRM house which is the headquarters of the SRM powermeter. It is quite stunning to say the least. Today we had an awesome ride and had good company too. Joining us for our jaunt into the mountains was Jorg Jaksche, who a few years post cycling career can still throttle. He also lives here at the SRM villa and even in retirement is more lean than I have ever been, I was quite impressed.

Last night we went out to dinner and Jorg also came out with us. It was quite the experience to get to really enjoy a truly Italian dinner and sample some different types of food. To give you some background, Jorg won a very large stage race in France and had quite a good career. To see the women that would walk up to the table to speak with him was downright jaw dropping. I think that I need to start to learn some Italian.

I am looking forward to some more good training, especially once I get recovered from getting my butt kicked in today. I am also pretty darn excited about the weather I am in too. Its sunny and around 38 degrees celsius, while back at my home in France today was 18 degrees celsius and rain. This tan is going to be quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment