Monday, June 14, 2010

Boise Friends

Life truly has been getter better by the day for me down here in Italy. My love affair with this country is growing by the day and the fact that cappuccino's only cost 1 euro are amazing. Nothing too new has been going on in my life other than the fact that I have been riding my bike a lot in the mountains and eating lots of food. I am down here with 6 other guys and only 2 of us truly know how to cook. That has been great being able to cook good food for the guys and not have to be on cleaning duty. I even got to teach one of the guys how to eat a cantaloupe fresh (they were shocked how much better fresh tasted than store bought and already cut up), what an amazing concept.

In other news, got to hang out for a bit today with a friend from back home. Liza Racheto is over here in Italy racing for a team this season and was great to reminisce about Idaho. It was certainly amazing how I had to travel halfway around the world to meet up with someone whose childhood house is only a 20 minute bike ride away.

Sorry for the short post, I am a bit tired after having to ride my bike home tonight from the gelato shop. I am heading out of Italy on Wednesday and heading up to France for another stage race soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment